Your Annual Manchester Center Photo Update
Is it really a construction update if not much construction is going on? Perhaps that’s a bit of a spoiler as I do my annual tour of what’s going on with Manchester Center. As a reminder, here are some previous posts on the topic:
- January 2020: It’s taken Fresno over 3 years to rebuild a bus stop
- November 2019: Sears Closing: What does it mean for Manchester Center?
- January 2019: Manchester Center Renovation Moving at Glacial Pace
- January 2018: Is the Manchester Center Food Hall Really Coming?
- December 2016: Can Manchester Center Mall be saved?
The photos I’m posting today are a few weeks old, but with these timelines, who cares?
We start outside where the only real changes could be found. Ironically, all the construction has taken place at Sears – which is owned independently. That is, while the Sears building is connected to the mall, it’s not part of it. If you weren’t aware, last year Sears decided to empty out half their store and lease the space to two (or three?) other companies. This year, they decided to vacate the remaining space as well (hence the store closing signs).